Each year, the Board of Governors defines priority objectives for IATA. These priorities are aligned with IATA's mission and address current industry challenges to best support our members success. Below are the priorities set by the board for 2024.
- Intensify advocacy efforts, particularly in support of achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050, ensuring that passenger rights regimes are aligned with global standards and are fit for purpose, and to avoid onerous, counterproductive and retrograde taxation.
Industry Digital Transformation, Retailing and Customer Centricity
- Enhance digital identifications standards in Modern Airline Retailing and anywhere else possible
- Develop a roadmap for 100% Offers & Orders for the whole value chain
- Identify and assess new standards to modernize airport processes
Safety, Security & Operations
- Continue implementation of the IATA Safety Leadership Charter and Risk-Based IOSA
- Strengthen the industry’s capacity to address cyber security
- Accelerate the transition to Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF)
- Improve tracking of Net Zero Roadmaps
- Ensure continuous availability of CORSIA Eligible Emissions Units
A Strong Association
- Become the most trusted source of aviation data for traffic, safety, operations, and environmental performance.
- Improve gender diversity by meeting IATA’s 25by2025 commitments
- Ensure efficient settlement systems (BSP and CASS) while renewing the financial services portfolio to meet evolving industry needs